Friday’s information was dominated by Thursday’s transfer by Georgia Republicans to do every part they will to suppress the vote sufficient to win. And, since SB 202 particularly targets Black voters, this needs to be thought to be an intentional restoration of Jim Crow for the needs of voting at the very least. Persevering with our years of protection of voting rights points, Day by day Kos lined this story all through the day:
- Black legislator arrested for trying to expose Georgia Republicans celebrating their racist law.
- Biden blasts Republicans’ voter suppression, while Manchin gives credence to their Big Lie.
- The optics of the Georgia voter suppression bill signing are even worse than they first appeared.
- Watch Stacey Abrams put the long, long fight for voting access in context in less than two minutes.
In different information:
- Unusually large deluge of bills aimed at restricting abortion access introduced in 44 states.
- Zuckerberg squirms out of acknowledging Facebook’s central role in the Capitol insurrection.
- On Trump’s watch, COVID-19 agriculture relief was mainly for white farmers only.
- Biden admin calls for federal volunteers to help get asylum-seeking children out of U.S. custody.
From the group: